In addition to our highest quality in-person PT services, Hayashida PT also provides Telehealth Physical Therapy Services! Telehealth PT is the delivery of our services via digital technology. Our highly trained clinicians can evaluate, assess and prescribe treatment virtually through our convenient, HIPAA-compliant platform to get you back to activity faster.
All care provided via Telehealth is held to the same high standards we hold for our in-person physical therapy care and all private information is kept secure and confidential.
To schedule a Telehealth appointment please call our Santa Barbara office at 805-898-1907.
- Does insurance cover Telehealth PT services?
- Yes, many insurance providers cover Telehealth PT services. Please see below for a list of insurances now covering Telehealth PT.
- Can I Self Pay for Telehealth PT?
- Yes, please call our office for cash rate information.
- Do I need a prescription for Telehealth services?
- California state law allows patients to have direct access to physical therapy services, even virtually, without a physician referral/prescription. However, some insurance plans still require a referral/prescription from a physician.
- What can I expect for my first Telehealth PT visit and how should I prepare?
- On your first visit, your Physical Therapist will perform a thorough evaluation, much like an in-person evaluation, analyze results and prescribe a customized plan of care based on evaluation findings. Together you will continually build and progress this treatment plan to address your needs.
- Make sure you’re in a private space with some room to move around.
- Make sure all browsers are up to date and you have a strong internet connection.
- Wear clothes you can move around in.
If using a phone, make sure to have something to prop it up against.
- What kind of device do I need?
- Any smartphone, tablet device, or personal computer/laptop can be used with our platform.
Insurances covering Telehealth PT:
|Aetna||Blue Cross||Blue Shield||Cigna|
|United Health Care|
"Excellent in all regards: Specific analysis of musculoskeletal problems; careful range-of-motion stretching; muscle therapy for affected area/s; prescribing and illustrating specific muscle and joint exercises; thorough follow-up and follow-through with additional or reduced therapy as needed. Wow!"